The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted: And Other Small Acts of Liberation

The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted: And Other Small Acts of Liberation - Elizabeth Berg Erma Bombeck may have started the trend but Elizabeth Berg definitely refines it with this book. There should be a new "catch-phrase" for this genre - "chick-lit" for the over 40 crowd.

I have never read Ms. Berg before but was compelled to pick this one up by the title.

It is a collection of short stories featuring "mature" women who decide, for either an hour, a day or a week to let their hair down and do something they have always wanted to do (that would seem totally out of character observed by those who know them best). This book is definitely a "light read" and does not pretend to be anything different. I enjoyed it immensely and would definitely recommend it to any women in the 40+ age group (you will laugh and sigh - I promise). Might not be a bad read for any men or offspring out there wondering why that 40+ woman in their lives suddenly broke into tears and hurled a coffee cup across the room.