The Girl Who Played With Fire

The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson After reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, it unfortunately took me a little while to get back to the series. In this second book in the series Lisbeth finds herself implicated in the murder of three people, one of whom is her “guardian”, who she had every reason to murder … but didn’t. The reader is once again drawn into Lisbeth’s unusual life and a very compelling cat and mouse game.

Larsson’s characters are some of the most intriguing characters I have read in quite some time. Where the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo focused on Michael and his publishing history, this book is all about Lisbeth. We learn more about her personal history, her past and her family. It is a shame that Mr. Larsson died at the completion of these three books as I feel there is definitely another story to tell involving Lisbeth’s sister.

On a more personal note … I do enjoy a good action book and therefore have read many a “fight scene”. This book contains one of the best-written fight scenes I have read, and interestingly enough involving somewhat minor characters. Interesting!