We Bought a Zoo: The Amazing True Story of a Young Family, a Broken Down Zoo, and the 200 Wild Animals That Change Their Lives Forever - Benjamin Mee This autobiographical book tells the story of Benjamin Mee, his family and their desire to purchase a run down zoo. Mr. Mee writes a do-it-yourself column, his siblings have a range of occupations, his mother is retired and his wife has just been diagnosed with a debilitating (and eventually fatal) illness. Why not buy a zoo? Mr. Mee tells his story in its entirety, touchingly describing his wife’s illness and death, truthfully detailing the frustrations faced in trying to purchase and run the zoo and some of the funnier moments involved in going after his dream.

I did enjoy reading this book and I applaud Mr. Mee and his family for doing what it takes to make a dream come true. My only disappointment in reading this book probably comes from having seen the trailers for the movie adaptation. I really wanted to some more stories about the animals.