The Brass Verdict

The Brass Verdict - Michael Connelly I had to read a second book by Mr. Connelly for comparison sake. I liked this one just as much. When a fellow defense attorney is murdered Mickey Haller inherits his practice. Not sure if he’s ready to return to full time work he does start to weed through the client list and finds a few keepers. However, if the previous attorney was murdered there was probably a reason, and taking on his clients may not be the best idea?

In this book I met Harry Bosch, the grizzly police detective, since he and Mickey must grudgingly work on this case together. I understand that in bringing Harry into this series Mr. Connelly is melding two separate series of books. For the few people out there who like me have not read any of Mr. Connelly’s books, I don’t want to have to put a spoiler alert on this review. Suffice it to say that a little surprise at the end of this book ensures that I will be pulling another one off the shelf. Just to satisfy my personal curiosity you understand.