Mockingjay

Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games not once, but twice. The second time in an unexpected rescue which deposited her in the mysterious District 13. Long thought to be bombed out, Katniss discovers it is anything but the empty shell portrayed for years. The residents have simply gone underground and developed of new life style. Try as she might Kat cannot seem to fit in, until she is “drafted” into becoming the Mockingjay … symbol of hope to everyone trying to overthrow the capital.

There were a few surprises in this book and there were a few shocks in this book, unfortunately the surprises and shocks were not reserved for the ending … I saw that one coming. Overall it was a good book, true to the characters and true to the story thus far, but somehow lacking. I didn’t feel as invested in the characters as in the first book and found myself having a few “awww – come on” moments. I loved the first book and really like the trilogy but with apologies to all, I think it lost a little of its sizzle as it went on.