Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns

Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns - Lauren Weisberger More than 10 years after Andy threw her cell phone into the fountain in Paris and told Miranda Priestly to **** off, she is back and publishing her own magazine. Even more surprising is that her arch-nemesis Emily has become her best friend and business partner. Things are going swimmingly for Andy … after a few hiccups she is married … although unexpected, she has a baby on the way and the magazine is doing well. Until – dumm-da-dumm – Miranda Priestly steps back into the picture.

This could have been such a good sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. All the elements were available to make this a wonderful story but Ms. Weisberger changed Andy’s “voice” so much that I could feel no happiness, compassion or outrage for her as she was going through her life in this book. Andy just seemed beaten down by the most mundane everyday things and whined throughout the whole book. I kept turning the pages and reading on in hopes of finding the strong independent young woman from the first book, but unfortunately never did. I’m sure the planned movie version will be great (if they reassemble the original cast) but, for me, the book fell short.