Sea of Shadows

Sea of Shadows - Kelley Armstrong Moria and Ashyn live at the edges of the Forest of the Dead. Each year the worst criminals are exiled into the forest to perish. Their souls never rest quietly so as “the Seeker” and “the Keeper” for their village Moria and Ashyn are tasked to find those souls and quiet their unrest by bringing them peace. Usually it’s done successfully, but this year something sinister cannot be quieted. Things of stories and legends are being brought to life and their entire village is destroyed. Separated in their quest to find out what really happened to their home, they discover that one of the exiled may not have perished in exile and could be seeking revenge.

This is the first book in Ms. Armstrong’s latest YA trilogy. Ms. Armstrong never ceases to amaze me with her imagination for settings, characters and other-wordly creations. I feel because of some of the subject matter this book would definitely fall into the higher-end of the YA bracket, but was still a quick read. I enjoyed it.